Getting 30D to work with Leopard Mac OS

gaylon_morris1

If you're doing this so that you can transfer images from your camera to the PC then the way to do it that'll make like MUCH easier for you is to simply purchase and use a card reader - they're only a few dollars and are generally regarded as being at least a zillion times more reliable than camera to PC transfers.

Cheers,

Colin

One suggestion, try repairing your permissions using disk utility. And one other thing,

depending on what computer you have, desktop/laptop, you may need to try pluging into a

different USB port. (when DJ'ing on macbook pros I can only use the one USB port since it

provides full power to my external mixer). Make sure your not plugging into a USB hub either,

this will sometime cause problems.

Could you be more specific by what you are doing to determine that the computer doesn't recognize the camera? Are you expecting an icon to show up that looks like the camera, or are you in a particular piece of software that doesn't recognize the camera? Also, the 20D has a menu option that switches communication from/to PTP. I presume the 30D does as well? Try toggling that.

Interesting, spent a good bit of time playing with this today and I think the USB port might be loose. The notebook recognizes the camera briefly when I wiggle the cable end. Is there a fix for this other than sending it to Canon for repair?

I am trying to take pictures with the camera on tripod and hooked up to my notebook so I can see the full pic right away and make adjustments.