Need help choosing a lens

darlene_taylor

You are all amazing. I was a bit afraid to post on here and let all you pros see my ignorance!

Here's what I've ended up with. I thought I'd hyperventilate and have a heart attack about how much I was spending, but its worth it. The sales girl was very very helpful and gave me a lot of advise on how to use my flash. So here's what I ended up with:

10d kit with the 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 540 flash, and a free extra battery (I think she felt sorry for me since I was about to hyperventilate)

I think I'm in love. I took some pictures with my new flash and wow, what a huge difference. I just can't believe it! Now I need a good camera bag to hold what I have and a little more. I will look into getting a prime lens when my money is built up again. Now I just need to figure out all the settings!

Thank you all so very very much for all your input!

• 2 months later...
I was shopping for the Nikon D300 and www.bestpricecameras.com had it at 939 and it sounded too good to me so I started checking around and found http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8754.html and now this forum. I have now seen bad comments on these forums since 2006. How can they continue to do business? Amazing! I will have to wait for the prices to drop because I cannot afford just yet the 1700 tag at other 'good' retailers.