New Fuji GF670

adam_barr

Was at PMA today and saw the new Fuji GF670. Did not have a camera with me to

get pictures though. This is a 6x7 camera which was a little surprising. It

seemed similar to the GA645, but had the bellows lens of some of the other fuji

medium formats of the past. Pretty compact overall.

Bad news is that is probably going to be a Japan only product.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not much info and in fact no one was around that could answer anything. They had a case with two cameras, one silver and one black. If had the model name GF670 embossed on it. It did not seem there would be interchangeable lenses.

I am surprised no one else posted. It is not a secret or anything as the cameras are right in the middle of the fuji booth at the PMA.

This is something else - I never expected to see a new medium format camera again, ever. An 80mm f3.5 is to be expected, I don't think any of the old folders were faster than f2.8 or had lenses much different - and this is a nice focal length for 6x7. Maybe if its successful they'll introduce a wide-angle version. I'm with Herve that a 6x6 would be smaller - although couldn't be any smaller than my Balda Super-Baldax. I love the small size of the Balda, but a more modern electronic shutter would be even better. The knob wind on is very retro and less functional but it sure makes the camera sleeker. I would buy one.

Thanks, Dennis.

It's pretty. My first reaction is ??I want one. But, because it's (only) a 3.5/80mm, it's going to

have to perform very well wide open to give me the DOF effects i want. And, i wish there were

some accessory to allow a more 'modern' thumb-ratchet film advance, even if it were a

multi-stroke thing.

On this Spanish site <a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.ojodigital.com/foro/showthread.php%3Fp%3D1958063&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfuji%2Bgf670%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us" >with Google translation</a> is a picture of a black one, closed up.<p>I love this new folder. I've already emailed Fuji USA, asking about pricing. If more of us do the same, maybe they'll get the hint.