broken part Polaroid Back.... advice?

iczek

Hi all,

I have a problem with my polaroid back...

I discover a problem when I start a new film pack.

The bags with developer do not spread the liquid during pulling out film from back.

The problem is broken plastic element situated in "roller system" (see attached

file).

The rollers do not press the bags enough to spread the develop.. because metal

clips slide from the roller ends and pressure is not enough.

Do you have any idea how to fix it...?

I don\t think that there will be able to buy only new plastic part anywhere... :(

thanks in advance...

Piotr

If you want to replace this part then buy the cheapest ugliest NPC Polaroid that you can find...take out this part and put it into your polaroid. The parts for the NPC are "exactly" like the ones in the Hasselblad. They are interchangeable. I've always wondered if NPC was who made the polaroid backs for Hasselblad or vice versa because the internal roller mechanisms are exactly the same.

I guess NPC bought the parts from Polaroid or do you think Polaroid assembled all of them and actually owned NPC?

Because it's my understanding...from all that I can gather ( which isn't much ) that NPC is now a defunct company. Their website has been totally gone for at least a few months now.

I forgot to say that this is Polaroid back for Rollei 6008.

I did find some Polaroid rollers Replacement in England and BH also...

This part comes with rollers and all plastic needed. So, I will have to buy all that part.

Q.G.,

Do you or anyone else ever see a disclaimer or notice as to why NPC went out of business. Of course, it's obvious why most go out of business but I never saw any "we're closing the doors notice" or anything. One day their site was there and the next thing you know it was gone. So I've always been curious as to their specific story.

With digital entering the scene I assume they just no longer had a demand worthy of staying afloat.