viewfinder for holgaroid...?

Anyone know where I might get an accessory viewfinder for a holgaroid? Unfortunately the one I got was

an earlier version and didn't come with a viewfinder, and the polaroid back obstructs the holga's

viewfinder. I know, I know limited amount of pack film available and mine won't take 600 so I need to

make the best of the pack film I got.

thanks,

J.

The kind of viewfinder you will need will depend on your format. To my knowledge, Holga-Polaroid mods come in a dazzling array of formats, including 6x6 on 600, 100, and 4x5 films, and full-frame 600 and 100 formats. I would think that a homemade "sport's finder" made of either bent wire, or an old slide-frame attached to part of the Polaroid back would work fine.

I dont see why you would have to waste ANY film, or if you do, just one image. Mount your camera to a tripod... with tape if you have to. If you have Bulb mode on your holga, open the back and put some of the frosted brown packing tape across the film gate. You can then either draw the scene or photograph it. The other option is to just take one photo with the camera mounted on a tripod and make your viewfinder to match. Between the parallax error and the vignetted corners, it shouldn't really matter THAT much, the viewfinder is just basically there to give you an IDEA of your composition, it won't really be that accurate no matter how much time and energy or money you put into it.