How do you protect/carry your gear while hiking?

dan_hall4

Hey Dan I have had a DryZone 100 when they first came out. I carry a D2x 80-400, 105, 20, 24-120, and a small laptop. I use this bag just to transport my gear from site to site and do not work out of it because of what others have said it is slow to access you gear, hurts to carry around. The inner bag is the waterproof bag any thing in the outer part of the bag will get wet. You need to keep the TIZIP zipper clean, and requires lubrication (small tube supplied with bag) much like a waterproof underwater housing o ring or the o ring around the lip of a pelican case. I have flipped my kayak with my gear and seen my dryzone being tossed in the surf and my equipment is still working and not a drop of saltwater entered the bag. I have lost gear in other cheaper drybags. I have a folbot Cooper which doesn?t have much beam so my pelican case would not fit but my Dryzone fits right in back of my seat with no problem. When shootin from my kayak I keep my camera mounted with the 80-400 vr in a Watershed Ocoee Dry Duffel which sits between my legs under the spray skirt. Th nice thing about this bag is that it works like a ziplock baggy and I can access my equipment rather quick.

Rick,

Thanks for the info. You mention having a folbot. I have an Ally pack canoe that I use for my arctic Alaska float trips. Wonderful inventions they are. Sounds like the Dryzone works pretty well for which it was designed. I appreciate the insights.