How is this done

allan_poker

Well, if it HAD been photoshopped, why didn't they crop it in some sort of useful way? Yeesh! And, would someone <i>deliberately</i> add that background? I don't know, because I have no taste, but still...

<br><br>

A ringlight does produce that sort of shadow... sort of. But the physics just doesn't look right here, for that.

Yup, a ringflash does produce the halo shadow but it will also mostly eliminate the shadow under the chin. You can also tell it's fake because of the quality of shadow. Just some bad photoshop going on here.

I tried to find a good picture showing a ringlight but most good ringlight shots use the ringlight as only one small piece of the lighting. Jen Y This shot at least illustrates what a single ringflash close to the background will look like.

Allan, the light falloff on the woman does look like it could be from a ringlight and the

shadow does have the same sort of quality a ringlight produces. It could be the image is too

small on my computer but I don't see the tell tale highlight in the eyes. On the other hand

the shadow behind the subject is easily generated in Photoshop if desired. So to answer your

question: It could have been a ringlight but not necessarily so. Only her hairdresser knows

for sure.

Dam - this was just a test on how much i could do in photoshop and (sorry for puting you throught this) - I shot in on chromagreen and used primatte and backdrop design. I used a beautydish above and a large softbox beneith camera. When it came to faking a shadow i went for the ringflash look and it was done on 5 - (i dont have that kind of money anyway) - Next time i will fill in the shadow under the chin and put som catchlight in her eyes . Ican see i could have fooled some of you h栨栭 anyway the backdrop and the pose sucks - i dindt have any long uderware to put on her Ellis! -thanks for watching