SL2 MOT

tony_salce

If only I had the shoulders I once had to carry and hold these things! I rarely use my Nikon F3HP and motor because of the weight --now I'm relegated to my Leicas II, IIIF and M4 for lightness of being (God made the 35mm 1:3.5 Summaron and 50mm 1:50 Elmar for those of us who carry Medicare cards!)

In addition to the motor drive connection, are the internal parts of the SLMOT and the SL2MOT beefed up to take the pounding you get from the motor drive? A CLA'd SL2MOT with beefed up parts, used with or without the motor would be durable beyond belief. Paul N's comment is real, you can carry a Leica LTM and lens for an entire day and not notice the weight or bulk, certainly not so with the early Leicaflex bodies. But that bright Leicaflex finder and the 1/2000 shutter speed sure are nice.

• 8 years later...

<p>I have spoken with several respectable LEICA repair technicians over the years regarding the differences between the SL2 and SL2 MOT.</p>

<p>Every single one of them has told me clearly that the internal components are of the same quality and robustness for both cameras. The MOT version does NOT have better or superior parts inside.</p>

<p>This is a compete myth.</p>

<p>I would really love it if someone could produce concrete evidence that contradicts this fact.</p>