Best WalkAround BAG & STRAP for 5D Street-Photography

jon_kobeck

If you carry a lot of stuff, I like the Lowepro slingshot. It is a shoulder pack that swings around so that you can access your camera in front of you without taking off your pack. If you travel light, I prefer a Lowepro chest harness w/ holster camera case and belt pack w/lens case. This way you have instant access to your camera. The holster camera cases come in many sizes, the one I have can fit my D80 w/300mm zoom lens. Lowepro are excellent quality.

Bennett: I just finished up placing my order for 2 Think Tanks. I got the digital Holster 20 for my light and easy walk around town days and the Urban Disguise 30 for when I need to pack a couple extra lenses. The 50 seemed like more then I need. It looks like the 30 will hold the 5D and 28-70 mounted plus 2 more lenses. Do you think it will be too small ?

• 4 months later...
UD50 is a good choice if you need extra space. I have one. Only problem is that I ended up putting in more than I need most of times. It tends to get way too heavy and my shoulders get sore about a while. I now use it as a transport bag only. My favorite walk around bag is TT Changeup. I have 5D, 24-70L, 16-35L and 70-300DO in there. Depending on the situation I replace one of lenses to 135L. I use as a belt pack with shoulder harness support. I can carry my gear practically all day long without feeling much weight. I use it as a chest pack when I'm in a crowded places. You should give a try when you have a chance.