MB-D200 Issues

dan_brown4

Shot a two-day equestrian event this week with two D200's. There was a ton of verticals, and it was a

pain after a while without a grip.

Soo, I searched and read up on the MB-D200 and it looks like there were some problems with the

battery clips. Did Nikon ever address this?

Whadya think; new with warranty or used?

Thanks.

no probs with battery clips, and used a lot in 1 1/2 yrs. i did however have a problem with the screw mechanism locking up, like the gears inside would get jammed every so often, then more and more.

sent it to nikon, where they tried to charge me more than the cost of a new grip to repair - but i badgered them and got it done on warranty.

In two years of quite intensive use I had both of the clips on MB-D200 broken once. I suspect that it was partly my fault - I was sleeping on the deck of the ship and I used my photo bag as a pillow. On the next morning I couldn't power on my D200 and I found one clip broken and the other half broken.

I was generally not very happy with MB-D200 because it was not solid enough for mounting the camera with the grip attached on the tripod. But it's good enough for verticals.

Now I have D300 and MB-D10 which is much better built and sturdier so I do not expect such problems.

Regards, Marko

Have had my MB-D200 on the camera over a year.

Traveled over 12000 miles in our RV using it taking pictures in National Parks, Seashores, Mountains in ME and CA. No problems at all. But, then Im always careful with my equipment after using cameras for 71 years. From day one, just looking at the clips decided that plastic piece and the door lock, were not meant to be handled like they were made from titanium. Ive even dropped the camera twice, with it landing on the battery case, without damage.

Though I do not recommend doing that. :)

Bought mine new on EBay for $149, including another battery.