How many images can you take before the camera wears out?

coastallight

Carolyn... Long time huh!? Uhmm! Open any file, top bar go to TOOLS and you'll find

inspector. When it opens you will have a window with 3 tabs, I think one means file, then

another one with a " ! " mark on it, and one with glass. Click the one with the " ! " and then

again you will have a window with 3 more tabs. Then go to the one that says EXIF.

I hope that helps!

Rene'

"I also have Photoshop (CS3) and am looking at Bridge prefs (metadata)and don't see what I might turn on here to find the shutter count."

In Adobe Bridge:

Right click your mouse over the image.

Go to "File Info"

Go to "Advanced"

Select the fourth "+" (starts with http/ and ends with aux/).

You will see the number of shutter actuations on the third line.

Camera manufactures rate the shutter life in "mean time failure" .. it is in all their marketing literature.. varies with the various camera model. Too many variables in real-world picture taking make this a meaningful expression of answering the average person's question .. and knowing your "number" will only result in needless anxiety .. if it really concerns you, consider the camera body/types used by photo-journalists .. and sports shooters .. if they can't break a camera shutter in 7 years .. it's probably a safe camera to buy .. oh, I forgot .. at 7 years everything else but the shutter will have been updated. (pun intended)

I didnt know that the new Mac 10.5 Preview displays the shutter actuations - thanks for the

info! My D200 is still going strong - after 110.000 shutter cycles. My D2H starts to show the

faulty shutter-syndrome after now over 70.000 actuations. georg

• 2 years later...

<p>Hi there,<br>

I have a nikon d80 & have taken 50,016 shots<br>

The camera is now acting very strange, allowing me to take 3 or 4 shots, then the next are either majorly over exposed or under exposed & totally black, it also no longer has rapid shot, can only take a few shots then have to give it a rest before it will shoot again<br>

Is the camera just totally worn out & can it be repaired?<br>

Thanks for any help you can offer,<br>

Kat</p>