Wedding Critique

amandalockphotography

These are a few images I took from a wedding a few months ago and I just wanted

to get some feedback on them. I'm afraid that they look a little static... any

blaring faults that stick out to you? Any feedback would be appreciated!

You can view them on this site:

http://www.simplephoto.com/AmandaLockPhotography.htm and the password is 1234

Thanks for any help!

"...any blaring faults that stick out to you? Any feedback would be appreciated!" -Amanda

There's a few nice shots in there but many have lighting issues where the highlites are blown and there's a lack of detail in the shadows. I'd like to see some of the "bread & butter" stadard shots of the ceremony, formals, cake cutting, etc....

You have some nice shots here, however I think some of them are too busy. On some of the dancing shots or romantic shots it would be nice to see close ups of the emotion on there faces only. Lots of them look too overexposed. The image with the man kissing the girls neck in the bedroom looks awkward, I think that zooming in on some of the moments would make things much better and less busy. The image with the couple's foreheads touching looks like a really great moment but the dress is incredibly overexposed and there faces are under exposed and my eyes look straight to the white part on the dress and away from the emotion of the couple because there faces are in complete shadow. Unless that was what you were going for. Remember this is my personal opinion if the people are happy that's all that matters.

Hi Amanda, they are good but IMHO, you could even make them better by watching the background. I would try to blow them out of focus and compose with background simplicity in mind and I think the images are very contrasty, you should probably try "lifting" the shadows a bit and adjust the curves a bit.

I would also not hesitate using flash wisely in the indoor shots and outdoor shots. Not direct, but very low level of use....bounce it behind you....on the far away wall etc.The trick is to use it and make it very hard to see on the photos.

thanks for sharing....

You've done a fantastic job. You've really caught a lot of journalistic shots. I would suggest adding to what you have already done, like more shots of the bride/groom's face. You've caught emotion, with is good, but you need a variation for when you put their album together.