The "ideal" 4x5 Graphic (question)

german

For the price of a user Graphic camera in any iteration I would forgo my needs and just buy one. Best bet a Crown. I have a Graflex (not Graphic) camera that takes barrel lenses and the market has changed some on them meaning it has gone up. So putting together a decent lineup will take longer then getting a 90mm, 150mm and 210mm package in decent shuttered lenses. To get around the revolving back that just weighs more, put quick connect plates on both sides and forget the Graflok back that allows you to carry another back adding weight to your pack. I'd buy the 4x5 and shoot as is and at the very least do some contact alt printing coating your own paper; You won't need a darkroom and it's easy. At least a 4x5 contact even at the size is big enough to see. If you want to shoot 6x7 get one of them instead, but don't think that they don't come with their own set of hindrances. It would actually be as cheap, or even cheaper, to buy a Crown with a 135 Optar as a Mamiya with a lens and back let alone a metering prism.

Hey,

thanks guys for the suggestions! It seems like getting a Graphic would not be the solution I am looking for for my LF needs. Perhaps I would need to close my eyes and just get another view camera instead -- if all the things I ask for do not exist in one such Press camera, or if I would need to compromise on the lens quality, or other features of the camera(s).