DS Mark3 noise reduction vs. Noise Ninja

If I were lucky enough to own a Canon 1Ds or 1D Mark II, I would be thinking about a lot of things, but noise wouldn't be in the top 10. Sounds like you've got one, so try it!

Yes, most of us have experience with noise reduction programs of one type or another....mine is with Neat Image, but not applied to files the like of a 1D series Canon. I would imagine you could pull an image at ISO 1600, with noise reduction turned on or off, that would look nicer than anything I opened after running through Neat Image shot at most any ISO setting.

If I owned a 1D series camera, I'd shoot with it turned off and deal with the miniscule amount you'd see...maybe at ISO 3200 (!) later on the computer, and I'd bet you wouldn't need anything as fancy as Neat Image or Noise Ninja to clean it up. Adobe Camera RAW or Lightroom would probably handle it, RAW or JPEG.

Hi,

thanks for your opinion.

I shoot the first few pics with the M3 and yes they look nice, but I think there is a little

hype out about the noise. It seems to be way better than the M2 but there is still a lot of

visible noise there.

Gotta do more shooting and testing - just difficult right now as we are on the road for

almost a year!

Thanks again!

Rolf