3x4 back trouble

jon benson

I have a speed graphic 3.25x4.25 and want to put a graflock back on it. However

they seem harder to come by than 2x3 or 4x5 graflocks. Has anyone out there

converted a speed graphic (3x4) to a use a 2x3 graflock, or know of any other

options for me to check into?

Thanks!

Jon B.

Which back do you have now? Grafloks for 3X4 are pretty scarce. Roll film holders to fit them are even scarcer. I have a camera with the base plate, but no focus panel. I have another camera on the way that I plan to use it's back to replace the Graflok. If you can use the base plate, let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks to all for your answers. To answer Glenn Thoreson, I have a plain-jane spring back on the camera at this time. I am unclear what the difference is between the graflock and the graflex backs. I used to have a 4x5 speed graphic with a "graflock" back on it and loved using the "RH" holders on the back. Never used a bagmag any in the past. I'm not sure if the back you want to work something out with me on would be good for me. Could you email me a picture of it?

Thanks!

Jon

If I could get a complete graflock back with a rollfilm holder in good working order, I could trade my Mamiya 23 standard press camera for it. I would rather use the Speed Graphic, just because I like it better. The Mamiya 23 works fine.Has a 6x7 back on it currently.

Thnaks again,

Jon