HELP, cannot transfer images from card on D70

antonius

I just came back from taking about 200 images from my friends wedding, and to

my horror I cannot transfer the images from my D70 to computer. Every time I

insert the CompactFlash card into the card reader it says the disk (card) is

not formated, and if I would liket to format it. I cannot view the images on my

computer. The images can be viewed on the camera but I cannot download them.

What can I do? My friend will be devested if I lose all their wedding images.

Can someone please help?

I had this happen to me once. My flash card reader would not read a card but would work with other cards. I use Sandisk cards. I tried using my wife's card reader which was a different brand on her computer and the card worked fine so I burned a disk of them for me to use. Also of interest when I received my new 27"Dell LCD screen it came with a flash card reader built into the side of the unit. And the card I had trouble with worked just fine in the new reader. So I would get a different brand of reader or try down loading straight from the camera. I hope this helps.

Try another computer, and if that doesn't work, try another computer system (MAC if you are on a PC now, or PC if you are on a MAC now). You should be able to recover you pictures.

If the D70 can hook up directly to your computer with a cable, try that option.

After downloading about 200 of the 250 images from my D200, the transfer was aborted. In the D200 the card was identified as being empty. However, when placing the card in my HP photo printer's CF drive, the missing 50 images were identified and saved back to the computer. When in doubt, try all other options including a trip to your professional digital imaging headquarters.