Adapter to mount Nikkors on screw mount camera?

sexgun

Hi Vivek; thanks for the answer. <BR><BR>My thoughts were that maybe there are several vintages of *LEINIK adapters*; thus maybe some focus to infinity and some are *just and adapter*; ie abit thicker or not controlled so infinity wont work. <BR><BR>Here I do have the 15mm VC lens; I got it about 2000?? off of ebay from Hong Kong dealer. Its a fantastic lens that is super dinky compared to my 16mm F3.5 Nikkor. Metering with the Epson RD-1 s a few times has been underexposed with teh 15mm VC ; sometimes ok. I have learned the hard way to do sanity check (with exposure) when using this lens.

My LEINIK adapters preserve infinity focus perfectly. Even very short focal lengths do work, such as the 8 and 10 mm fisheyes.

Just for the fun of it, I have set up long lenses and focused them with an F5 or D3, then put on a RF camera with the LEINIK and made the shot. Perfect focus.

Although the 15mm C-V is a very good lens, it is no match in terms of image quality for the new 14-24mm Nikkor. However, there is a size difference :) (the 14-24 is many many times bigger)

"Is certainly possible to make an adapter ring to mount a Nikkor lens on the M39 or M42 cameras but work only in the macro range, because lack the infinity focus capability (no scale focusing for the normal photographic purpose). You must search the proper artisan to make your adapter ring. Ciao."

What? Of course it is possible to make an adapter so that the lens will focus to infinity on the M39 host body, given the difference in the registers. M42 is an entirely different story.

Vivek, Bjorn,

Thank you for setting me straight about the LEINIK.

Now let me set you straight about the LEIEX and LEIMIN.

Per W-J Markerink http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm LTM register is 28.80 mm, Exakta register is 44.70 mm, and Minolta MD is 43.50.

My little dial calipers say that my LEIEX is 9.46 mm flange-to-flange. 9.46 + 28.80 < 44.70.

My LEIMIN is 13.50 mm flange-to-flange. 13.50 + 28.80 < 43.5.

I'll accept that the LEINIK is 17.7 mm thick, but I'd like one of you to measure and verify.

Cheers,

Dan