220 Black and White Films- Are there More than One?

kram

Kodak says that TXP 320 is the number one most sold film in the world. I don't see many

people using it myself. I have tested it out and I actually like it though I rate it 160. It is

just a bit too grainy. I am thinking that maybe if you used a very fine grain developer it

might be great film. DP

Kodak TXP 220 is the ONLY currently produced 220 B&W film. I use it with my M645 1000s and 500C when I need longer rolls as HP5 is not available in 220.

There are only two factories spooling 220 film - Fuji & Kodak. My guess is that in 5 years TXP 220 will be gone as well. Use it or loose it.

Why? Because too few people are buying it. And as a result, not only have manufacturers stopped producing it completely or almost completely, but the remaining 220 types have gotten too expensive now, so they too will disappear soon.<br><br>It is said (i don't know whether it is the true story( that 220 film was mostly used by wedding photographers, who would have liked the doubled number of frames per roll, and that these photographers are now (almost) all using 35 mm based digital cameras instead.