I recently picked up a copy of "Photoshop User Magazine" I was impressed, a ton

of information and they had a section dedicated to Lightroom, which I thought

was kinda cool. I was just wondering if there is any members of NAPP on

Photo.net? I don't mind going to Barns & Noble to pick up an issue each month,

but in the mag. there is ads to join the NAPP and list all the member benefits

ie. discounts, seminars, magazine subscription ect. If anyone is a member is

the $99 a year worth the money? Any pros and cons? Are the discounts legit?

Thanks to all.

Thanks Patrick. I have the M. Eveing book, its a nice book.

I may not have posted my question properly. I'm looking for testimonials from members of NAPP. I'm curious if they are happy with their choice in joining, and if the benefits are worth , in their opinion, the money.

I joined NAPP a few months ago when I found myself buying the magazine every month anyway. They have a LOT of really useful Photoshop/Lightroom training on their website, and they've turned me on to some interesting photography sites that I probably wouldn't have stumbled across myself. One unexpected bonus was free shipping from B&H - this alone might recoup the $$. They also have a 10% off hardware deal with Apple; basically the same as the education discount. I've been to two of their Photoshop seminars, both of which were really good. Overall, I'm glad I joined and will probably re-up next year.

Mathes,

I am coming to the end of my subscription to NAPP and I will renew without hesitation. In addition to the benefits Bill outlined, there are quite a few tutorials on the NAPP website. They are not as indepth as the LYNDA tutorials, but they are helpful. Finally, as a NAPP member you can download the files and follow along with the tutorials contained in the magazine.

Eric

I have been a member for less than one year. I more than saved the membership fee in free shipping from B&H. The magazine is excellent. Another great feature is their help desk. They have a real wizard who can quickly solve your PhotoShop problems via email. I have had very quick responses to my pleas for help, usually within an hour or so.

Many other benefits and discounts are available.