The little cap that covers the flash attachment

spider71ko

<blockquote><em>Is there an easy way to get a replacement for that little cap that covers the flash attachment on the K10D?<br>I'm in NYC, near Adorama. Do they carry them? </em></blockquote>

<p>I am not sure what you are talking about. By "flash attachment," do you mean the built-in flash (the flash that's an integrated part of the body of the camera, on top of the body right above the Pentax logo) or do you mean something like <a href="http://www.pentaxslr.com/flashes">the Pentax 360 or 540 flash units</a> that can be attached to the camera on the hot shoe? The word "attachment" implies the possibility of detachment and that suggests the 360/540, but they don't have anything that I'd call a "cap." </p>

<p>If the thing you need CAN be purchased at a store, then Adorama probably has it, so if it's easy to do, you might just bop into Adorama and ask them. Otherwise, if you've broken something either on the camera body or a detachable flash unit, perhaps the right thing to do would be to contact Pentax service.</p>

William, thanks for your help. I guess the term should have been "hot shoe cover".

I do the same thing Matthew. I know they are in a pocket somewhere, but it would be easier to go buy a new one than trying to find the old one.....besides, who knows what else I may find....

Thanks!

I think it's called <A HREF=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/203182-REG/Pentax_31040_Fk_Hot_Shoe_Cover.html>Fk Hot Shoe Cover</A>.

<P>Appears to be out of stock currently at B&H and Adorama. Mine are rarely on the camera--I guess theoretically they protect the contacts and the shoe itself from damage but since I use the flash fairly frequently it would be yet another little piece for me to worry about. Lens caps, remote controls, and tripod adapter plates give me enough of that already. Attempting to use them would be a good way to guarantee that they would make repeated trips through the laundry machines.

"Good place to stow a hot shoe cover or VF blind."

True...this was a good idea, and in digital you could hold a few SD cards in it!!!

Actually Lowepro makes a transporter neck strap I like. A little padding, but seems to reduce camera weight a bit without the bulk of a neoprene strap. However, what I also like is the SD card case that is attached to the strap. It is removable but it assures me I will always have a few cards (assuming I remember to put them back in the case after downloading). I suppose you could put a card in there + the VF and hot shoe cover.