Nikon D200 camera

northwest

In the past, no-one worried about shutter acutations, and it seems strange to me why it has suddenly become a 'hot topic'.

I have purchaced many old cameras - some over 100 years old and have never seen one with a failed shutter. Pros will burn them out, but my F80 has had so many rolls through it that it pressure plate is shiny, but the shutter has not failed.

I would not worry about it too much.

Ian--I was wondering the same thing. I have cameras that go back quite a few years and it never even crossed my mind as one of those things to worry about. I know I was running only 24 or 36 shots at a time through the thing and people are grabbing 400 shots per memory card now, but it seems that by the time *most* people would be anywhere close to this being a problem, they'd be moving on to a different camera as we don't seem to hold on to them like our film cameras.

Are people thinking this is something like an odometer reading on a car?

When I bought my used D70 in 2005 it seemed to be fairly cheap compared to other D70ies at that time.

I only got to check the shutter count recently and it already had more than 10,000 clicks on it. This isn't so high, but it could have been 40 or 50,000.

Most people are fair and if you ask them to do a shutter count check before you buy they will tell you.

How many people don't check the odometer before buying a used car? And yes, I know that shutter actuations can be reset just as odometers, but there's not much that you can do about these people.