Flash Bracket for Leica M and Metz handle flash...help...

I would like to mount a Leica M camera together with a Metz CT-1 (handle flash). The simple bar bracket

that comes with the Metz, while the right idea is not really secure, the Leica pivots around and doesn't stay

aligned with the flash without constant care.

What I want to do is simply have the camera and the flash together as one unit in the simplest and most

stable way possible...without going the Stroboframe route or other similar bracket. As good as they all

are it makes the package way too big to use. I want as simple a setup as I can create...just the flash and

the camera with some secure way of having them be one piece.

I have searched B&H and other resources, talked with Really Right Stuff and others and have not found

what I am looking for.

Any help or direction would be welcome.

With thanks to all.

Michael

Why wasn't the RRS clamp and plate not acceptable? I've used their small clamp on brackets with the universal plate, or maybe they make one for the Leica M, and it works fine. Be sure to put a piece of tape where the bottom of the camera meets the plate, though. Those plates have no cushioning and the torque of handling the camera on the bracket is pretty strong. I've gotten some marks on my cameras.

Unless you're really tossing the combo around, the screw from the bracket to the tripod socket should hold it just fine. If it isn't, get a piece of rubber, like is used to cushion tools in the bottom of tool boxes, it is non-slip, thin, and cuts easily with scissors. You can get it at anySears store in the Craftsman section for a couple of bucks.