Where can I find an Oylmpus pen camera in London?

ursulablackmilk

Hi,

There never was many of these Olympus cameras around, now since the great digital revolution, very few find their way into the last few remaining used camera shops. The chances of you finding any Pen F's straight off the shelf of any used store are VERY slim.

Most now end up on ebay. I suggest you buy a copy of AP (amateur photographer) magazine and check the dealer ad's in the back and be prepared to either buy off ebay, or via mail order. One London dealer to AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE is Nicholas in Camden. Whatever you do, even if he claims he has a Pen F, DO NOT buy from him...you will be sorry.

cheers Steve.

Forget finding one in a store...it is almost impossible, no matter what city you're in. Check Ebay, as several usually show up each month (but there seem to be a lot of people bidding for them). I owned an FT once...great little camera with good optics, quirky metering.

The first thing you should decide is if you want a viewfinder Pen or an SLR Pen. The FT will allow you to shoot beautiful transparencies with its built in meter. Viewing the strip of razor sharp, half frame positive images on a light table with an inverted 50mm lens has no equal in the world of photography. But be warned; if you buy one of the F series, you'll spend the rest of your life collecting the lenses!

Yes, plenty here in Tokyo but the prices are laughable compared to the Bay. The cheapest I have found in working condition without a lens is 16000 Yen for a Pen F. FTs will cost you more and the black even more. The FVs are not practical to buy and use. I got a junk Pen F for 5000 Yen a couple of weeks ago that I managed to fix. Lenses are also stupidly expensive. I saw a fungus infested 38/1.8 in a shop here for 6800 Yen. I was contemplating buying it and cleaning it for my junk body but someone beat me to it. On the Bay, I can get a very clean lens for that amount! I eventually found a real mint one for 10000 and got that instead. For the kind of money I can buy a Pen F and lens for, I can (and did) buy something much more upmarket like a Rolleiflex or something. I agree the Fs are nice and I still want one but you'd be best searching on the Bay.