Eizo CE210W VS LACIE 320

I was in a proces to buy a Nec 2090Uxi, thinking that it was the same as the spectraview model, but

considering calibration, i've found out that it wasn't !

So...

One is a 21" Eizo 16/10 and cost 1200 euros

the LACIE is a 3/4 20" and cost 1050 euros

but considering color calibration (i owned an eye one 2 display calibrator)

shall i go with the 21"Eizo or the 20" LACIE ?

Thanks

I have an Eizo CG-210 and I can honestly say I have never seen a better monitor. It came with

a 5 year warranty, which is 4 years longer than my Apple had, so I sleep much better at night

too! I think Eizo makes some truly excellent monitors. When I was at ICP, their lab was

outfitted all with LaCie monitors and I don't think they were as good as the Eizo's...it is not

really a fair comparison given the CG210 is a higher model, but the difference between the

screens was obvious.

The NEC and the LaCie are not necessarily equal! NEC makes the panels, LaCie OEM's them

and they get the seconds. So don't necessarily compare an NEC with a LaCie. As for the Eizo,

I'm still trying to figure out what they bring to the party for all that extra money.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

"As for the Eizo, I'm still trying to figure out what they bring to the party for all that extra

money." the Eizo CE210W is cheaper than the NEC !

The CG210 is just too expensive for me !

The CE210W is repport to be better than the bigger CE240W.

The Eizo use USB for the calibration, and comes with a 5 years warranty. The Nec

Spectraview are hard to find in france.

I think, i will go with the CE210W and is incorparated USB 2 HUB.

PS: hood is optional with the Eizo and cost 200 euros !

i went to a local shop to see some display sizes... i've finally order a LACIE 320, for my use

the 3/4 aspect ratio seems much better, and a reputable dealer told me that the lacie is much

neutral, while the Eizo can be use for both photo and video...

Congrats dg! I know you didn't decide on the LaCie 320 because of my post, but you're going to be one happy photographer. If you've never used a higher end monitor before, you're going to see colors you've never seen on a monitor before, and the uniformity, sharpness, wow! I hope you have a digital connection on your video card to get the most out of it. Congrats again!