Wedding Photo/ Video Package Prices ?

jay_m.

Hey,

I need some advice, on my website I have never posted or listed package price

info. Just when clicking on that part of it, it says to email me for the

information. Is this a good idea ? or could i be losing customers for not

posting prices on my site ? What do all of you do ? and why ?

Thanks

Hi Jay,

Personally I find that potential clients get turned off having to contact every photographer just to get prices. I publish mine for all to see which people really like.

I always feel that people will pull a fast one on me if I have to contact them, I always hate it when you see "Price on Application" when you see anything online - I close the site and look elsewhere.

It's not done me any harm publishing them - people like the straight forward, no nonsense honesty.

Speaking as someone who is looking for a photographer, it takes too much time to contact every photographer I like just to find out that half of them don't fit into my budget. If I can get an idea from their website (even just "packages start at $XXXX") then I know whether I should contact them for a more specific quote and more information.

<BR><BR>

Speaking as a photographer, it's frustrating to get dozens of emails from people who want to hire me, but aren't willing to pay more than a couple hundred dollars. Weeding these bargin hunters out at the initial phase saves me a lot of time and effort (and money too, since I don't have to meet with them, which involves price lists, samples and coffee).

I agree that posting prices helps to weed out those who are not in the budget range of your services and also gets others to see what value and quality is offered at the price.

In my personal life I will not work with any business that makes it a condition of finding out pricing to come to them or to provide personal information. Works in life why not if work.

Brooke

I offer a your choice wedding program. It has over 35 different items to choose from. On

my web site I list a simple "package" actually with only two items as a teaser and as a way

to peek a potential clients interest.

I don't have what I call a loader program with all this stuff to be paid for up front. I

worked in corporate sales for a long time so my goal is to get a client on board, happy I

fell within their budget, and then sell them all this other stuff at various times they visit

my studio.

I did what many would say a low budget, defined by the up front dollar amount paid to

me, but I receive a phone call this past weekend from this couple with an order for three

wedding albums.

This is my strategy. It may or may not be appropriate to some folks here. But I like the

friendships I establish with my clients, working with them, helping them along as I know

many are on a limited budget and can't/won't pay for everything all at once.

Just my view!

Best!