HABS photography ACROS vs. TMAX

habsphoto

I just got a reply to a question from Fuji that the Acros 100 4x5 Quickloads are not on a polyester base.

So they won't meet the Library of Congress archival standards (500 years). Maybe this is old news to

HABS-HAER photographers, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I was hoping to use the ACROS quickloads for

a couple of projects. looks like i'll be shooting the TMAX Readyloads (on Estar thick base) for my HABS-

HAER-HALS work as before. Too bad, I really liked the fuji.

Here is the response from FUJI:

Dear Mr. Schafer,

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM, USA's Helpdesk Center. Please allow

us to assist you.

Acros 4x5 black & white quickload film is a cellulose triacelate base.

-Schaf

www.habsphoto.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

<p>After spending 2007 and 2008 capturing documentation projects on Fuji Acros Quickoad film, Fuji has now discontinued the film and there is no black + white quickload replacement. I have gone back to standard 4x5 and 5x7 film holders and Ilford HP5 film for all my HABS, HAER and HALS projects. At least HP5 film is easier to find, but keeping the holders clean when in the field is always a challenge. I recently did a HAER project on Bureau of Land Management lands at the California/Nevada border and it was easier to borrow extra 40 holders (80 sheets) than risk reloading in the very dusty conditions. I'll miss the quickloads because of their size and dust-free-ness. <br>

-Schaf<br>