Good Paper for B&W

I'm looking for a paper to make quality black & white prints. I am using an

Espon 2400 so would prefer to stick with Epson papers to limit profile

problems. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm looking to approximate the

look of a good fiber glossy paper when printed with chemicals. Thanks.

My reply does not fit your criteria, but the closest I've found so far to a gelatin silver glossy paper air-dried on my Epson R2400 is Innova Semi-matte. You have to use the Photo Black ink, so swapping between this paper and my usual matte paper is a drag, but it's worth it. And yes, I've had a profile made for my print and this paper, but that's worth it too.

What effect do you require? For a traditional b&w look any heavyweight high gloss paper from a reputable brand should work, Epson, Canon, Ilford, etc. Or you could try some of the specials, it is just a case of trying some to see which you prefer. The main thing is to use plenty of dpi (at least 1440).

Thanks for the responses. I have tried Epson's premium semigloss and was diappointed with the results (too much like an ordinary RC print). Epson enhanced matte was better, but still not what I am looking for. A friend just suggested Epson Velvet Fine Art. Trying to find something that is already profiled on the Epson printer I use as I have never profiled a paper before and don't have the equipment to do it.