Color matching in CS3

the easiest imo is to decide which image you want the rest to match and set this one as source going:

1)open two images

2) image>adjustments>match color (i haven't upgraded so this sequence might be different in CS3)

3) set desired image as source in the dialog

this should get you pretty close

If not satisfied you'd have to correct on a separate layer (curves going by the numbers in multiple points) then set mode to color

Regards,

I didn't have much luck with color match, although it looks like it's designed to do just what I'm looking for. What did work was your idea of using curves in separate channels, Pawel. I just tried it at only one point and can see that multiple points would work even better. Seems like a lot of trouble, but absent a sample comparison, I'll go with it.

Thank you both.

• 3 weeks later...
Just for the record, I was able get Color Matching to work. The trick is to get all your contrast adjustments, dodging, burning, etc done first, then adjust color later in the process, prior to image resizing and sharpening, etc.

You can also copy the adjustment layers from one photo to another which I guess is more

useful for photos that are already in the same general scope of color and exposure to begin

with. I always tend to work on each photo separately like a mindless dolt, waiving my fist in

the air and shouting about new fangled ways being the work of the devil.