Prism Finder Compatibility Between SL66 and 6006?

laurence_smith

Laurence, <p>

I have checked the Prochnow books on the Rolleiflexes. The order numbers for the SL66 and

SXL/6000 prism finders are different and they seem to have been produced along side for

quite a while. Also their bases look different. I cannot check it out myself as I do not own a

SL66 prism finder, but is does not look positive. The book does not mention compatibility of

the SL66 prism finder with the SLX/6000 cameras. In other cases like the screens the

compatibility is positively mentioned. My conclusion is a SL66 prism finder will probably not

fit any SLX/6000 camera.<p>Best regards,<p>Ferdi.

Ferdi, thanks VERY much for researching this, and looking in the Prochnow books. I had a feeling they didn't fit, and of course they are much cheaper for the SL66 models. I will look for an SLX-6000 series for my newly (old)purchased 6006. I know, I know...taking a bit of a chance with the old 6006 model. But, I am giving it a try, and hoping for the best.

The 45 deg. prism finder for the SL66 and the 600X don't have the same base and fixation system.<br>

Both rotate 360 degrees and have a 2x5 magnification.<br>

- For SL66, the Rollei reference is #208810 (leatherette) or #208 910 (Diamond grid)<br>

- For 6006 the Rollei reference is #97 814.<br>

I join a picture of both prisms, you will clearly notice the attachment system.<br><div>00OS6U-41774684.jpg.d08964095f329ddf1c4e903696684b1b.jpg</div>