What's a IIIf user cost these days?

dankapsner

Anyone have an idea what a IIIf black dial user goes for these days? (I sold my IIIa a while ago and now I

find that I miss it; I'd rather have the rf and vf closer, so I'm thinking of a newer model. The lesson: don't

sell your Leicas--you just end up

missing them and buying more!)

Thanks,

Dan

200 to 300 bucks. Cla from Youxin Ye is alot less than 200. Keh has a blck dial 111F in ex+ condition for 245 and one in ex condition for 199. I would really get the 111F from Keh for 245 in ex+ condition. Agreat deal! Probably looks like new. Youxin ye will do the cla at less than half the cost of the quoted 200 price. If I hadn't just bought a 111F black dial myself, I would get the one at KEH.

I'll second the KEH recommendation. I bought a IIIa (ex condition) from them a year and a half ago for about $270. It looked and worked like a new camera.

FWIW, I have both a IIIa and a IIIf and I don't find the difference in positions of the vf and rf makes much difference in usability. The IIIa is slightly smaller than the f which makes a difference if you like to carry the camera in your pocket.

I have a IIIf Red Dial Self Timer that I inherited that I'm thinking about selling. It also has the original leather case.

<p>

I don't know much about these but everything seems to work, but I would think it needs a Cla as it has been sitting for many years.

<p>

Does anyone know what these might be worth?

The price for the CLA should take into account replacing or resilvering the rangefinder mirror if you have a dim rangefinder/viewfinder. My IIIf black dial is in excellent+ shpae except for the mirror which Leitz couldn't/wouldn't reapir/replace. I plan to have the mirror redone when I've saved the $$, but don't know who could do it.

My last few used camera purchases have been film cameras trade-ins at a local camera store. A few months ago I bought a IIIf red dial, with summitar lens, 135mm f4.5 hektor with caps, leitz 135mm brightline view finder, lens hood with the sliding 50-135mm hood, and a rattrap summitar lens hood (SOOPD?). The lenses are clear, the camera body has no dents, but shows typical signs of wear (rubbings) on the top and bottom (I would call it ex but not ex+. RF is good condition, all shutter speeds sound good. Total cost - US $700. I think I got a fair deal, not a steal. I also own two IIIc's and another IIIf. Why haven't I verified its actual use with film? It's in line behind an M6 classic, F100, and a few other treasures. Yes, I know I am demented. Isn't that a given for anyone on the Leica forum?