Posibility of buying pentax camera at the airport?

hi, im new here, im about to buy my first digital camera, I want a pentax

k100d... ok so I live in Costa Rica and a friend is coming here this december

and I was wondering if she could find it in the airport, she leaves from iowa

and has to stop probably at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, I

checked and the ticket prices are the lowest stopping there. I checked the

airport website and I dont see any camera stores ... I think there are

electronic stores but its mainly sony and motorola .... anyone know more about

this or know how to find out? There are no store phone numbers on the website.

thanx!

Not sure about at the airport but there is a Wolff Camera's store about 4.5 miles east of the airport located here:

<br><br>

Wolff Camera Center<br>

4000 N Macarthur Blvd, Irving, TX<br>

(972) 893-0156

<br><br>

Of course, there's a Circuit City and Best Buy near the airport as well. Here's a <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=cameras&near=Dallas%2FFort+Worth+International+Airport&sll=32.89631,-97.0403&sspn=0.198908,0.32135&ie=UTF8&ll=32.865746,-97.039833&spn=0.198977,0.32135&z=12&iwloc=G&om=1">Google maps link</a> that will help get you started.

<br><br>

Note that according to Best Buy's web site, they are currently out of stock so you might want to call them first.

<br><br>

If you plan on using the camera right away, be sure you pick up an SD or SDHC card since I don't think it comes with one. The 100D comes with 4 AA batteries I think, but rechargeables are highly recommended.

<br><br>

Hope this helps!

<br><br>

~Paul

My experience in Airports (which isn't a lot) has been that it's almost always more expensive there. Retailers can charge more for just about anything because, 1) they are often exclusive (no competition) and 2) many shoppers are buying on impulse or at the last minute which means they will pay more for the convenience of getting what they need right away.

This may not always be the case, but if I were a betting man, I'd wager that 99% of the time, things will cost the same or more than you'd pay just going down the street, so-to-speak, from the airport.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but that's just been my experience. I've never purchased electronics at an airport though, let alone a camera, so it could be different with that type of purchase. Of course, a quick phone call to the airport store would resolve any questions.