Nikon D200 High Noise

brookewhatnall

Are you shooting stationary or moving objects? If your subjects are stationary, shoot 4 or more frames and use PhotoAcute to blend the exposures together which removes noise <i>and</i> increases resolution at the same time. My experience with <a href="http://www.photoacute.com">PhotoAcute</a> so far is that the noisier the image is to start with the better, as it makes it easier for the software to detect what is noise, and even ISO3200 from my compact P&S now can come out as clean and shiny pictures.<p>

Do't just take my word for it, but download the trial version if you wish to see what it can do for your pictures.<div>00NEvc-39650184.thumb.jpg.f0eaab7ccbae331afb2614d0a9a8e5de.jpg</div>

Did you set the exposure correctly so that you don't need to adjust in post-processing? At iso 100-200 the D200 is remarkably noise free.

The D50 with its larger pixels may have lower noise due to that ... but this it a pixel level, in a print the D200 images at those ISO settings should look great. I've done macro shots at iso 400 also because of wind, and they've come out great.