Your Thoughts On My Last Engagement Session

jonj

Overall good job. I would say less changing of the backgrounds, and more variety on their expressions. Clients are very critical of all the little subtlties of their expressions. With a lot of locations you run the risk of them liking a particular location, but not the way they look. Keep locations to just a few, and vary camera angle, height, etc. slightly. Take a series, and let them pick which one they like best. The shots may look very similar to you, but the clients reaction will vary from not liking to just loving a particulr shot from the series.

You need to either REMOVE the photos of car wrecks from your site under Recent Journalism or have a separate site for only wedding work. Brides will be VERY turned off if they are looking around your site and see photos of auto accidents. I a very tolerant person and I found it offensive so it is a safe guess that most brides would also be offended.

I would agree with Sledd, those documentary shots are great (as are your photos in general) but don't belong amongst your wedding photos. I had some weird Guns 'n' Rose/November Rain bride moment which I found disturbing!

Probably more a reflection of my twisted mind in fairness.

Guys it's funny you bring up the crime stuff...I tell all of my couples I should take down the recent journalism, and all of them have said they love it and several have said that's why they picked me.

One couple said they liked the fact that I did something else other than weddings. I joke with them about the crime and fire photos and it seems to be a good ice breaker.

Paul what you might also be seeing is Jonathans choice in contrast. Jonathan, was this the shoot you were not sure you were going to do??? I like your shots, I would say add some black and whites. A few close ups, even closer. And be careful to not overexpose. A few of your backgrounds are completely washed out. But overall, damn good for trying it out!!~! Good job man. :-)