Who needs digital? More pics from 35mm SSC 2.0

soo_choi

True! I been getting better results from scan negatives then digital cam. I have canon A640 10mp camera it is no match on landscape shots taken with AE1 by 35mm 2.0 SSC lens. To me unless you invest on top DSLR it is no match for properly exposed scaned negatives.

Tom, I used Wal-Mart develop well as scanned my negatives. I wish I had your high end scanner. I was very disappointed with my canon A640 10mp performance in landscape shots. I will never underestimate FD prime lens performance the pictures I posted look far superior on prints. Maybe I need to get Nikon 5000 ED scanner to bring out tiny details. Soo

• 3 weeks later...

Great pictures - digital imaging suffers from the same problem as digital music and video - you can't put Humpty-Dumpty back together again. It's purely pandering to the ADD generation of 'I want it Now!'. Keep your analog source and as scan technology improves, so will the digitized images. Pixtures taken with a digital source are stuck at the level of technology on which the camera was built. BTW, I'm a software engineer.

cheers,

bernard