Lightroom - Watermark not showing when using Export feature

I am using Lightroom 1.2 on Windows. I finished a batch of photos and wish to

export them with watermarks so I can post them on the web. I check the

"Watermark" option and export to JPG with about 80% quality to keep the file

size down. I review the photo in Windows Explorer and there is no watermark! I

have changed my options to try TIFF and full-size JPGs, etc... but nothing

works! When I go to the WEB mode of Lightroom, the watermark shows on my photos

with the previewed web page.

So what am I doing wrong here? It is very frustrating.

John

I need to also say that I read the following article from Adobe Forums and perhaps my watermark IS there but SUPER SUPER small? I will have to test and see.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc48954

So if this is the problem, then what watermarking programs do people use? I have Photoshop CS3 - does it do it easily? I have seen some watermarking programs online too that look quite good. I could export from Lightroom to JPGs and then apply the watermark after that.

The other option (from the Adobe article) is to reduce the pixel amounts to be able to show the watermark in a reasonable size. Anyone have some sample settings?

Thanks.

The Lightroom "watermark" (with your copyright notice) is in the lower left corner of the photo. Take one of those exported JPEGs and look closely at that corner. If the JPEG is very high res, your name may be there -- just very small. I guess Lightroom uses a fixed pixel size for this mark. The bigger my exported JPEGs, the bigger my notice appears. I like Lightroom very much, overall, but this is definitely NOT one of its stronger features. No flexibility at all, about size, font style, or placement.

Yes.

You can put together a Photoshop script to do watermarking very flexibly, or you can buy

iWatermark for $20 and have everything you need in a dedicated package.

<br><br>

<a href="http://www.scriptsoftware.com/iwatermark/" target=new>

http://www.scriptsoftware.com/iwatermark/

</a><br><br>

I use the Lightroom watermark on my web images and proofs, it's adequate, but flexible

it's not.

<br><br>

Godfrey

Yes I finally noticed the watermark on the bottom-left corner. I changed the export options to restrict the size of the photo to 640x480, which is good enough for web for my family and friends, and the watermark finally shows strong enough.

I watched the video tip from lightroomkillertips.com and it was good! But this tip is for when you create a slideshow in PDF format. It allows you to include a file from Photoshop to overlay as a watermark. Very cool stuff but too bad Adobe didn't have this available also for general exporting. I am sure the next version will fix this - everyone is complaining about it and wants it improved.

As for Jeffery's Tool, I went to this website but saw nothing that informed me that it can alter the way the watermark is generated when exporting photos. If I do not see something about this, I would rather not use this Tool. The tool looks like something that I do not need to do with Lightroom at this moment. I am fine with the interface, etc. So can someone show me how this Tool actually helps improve this watermark problem in exporting?

Thanks for all your help.