was at best an amature when the pictures were taken which further reduces my

expectations. If there is any chance, considering the subject, I want to try

to get the film developed.

Can you suggest any enterprize or individual that would take on such a job to

get the best possible results?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide

Johnny

PantagesJ@arrowmaker.com

<p>There are a handful of labs that specialize in processing obsolete film types. <a href="http://rockymountainfilm.com/" target="_blank">Rocky Mountain Film Lab</a> is one of them; if you search photo.net for them, you should find some of the previous threads about processing obsolete films, and those threads will probably have links to one or two other labs which also do this work. I've never used any of them so I cannot recommend one from experience.</p>

<p>Rocky Mountain's Web site has fairly good information on what to expect, including backing up your awareness that you should not expect miracles. It also mentions that you should not expect quick turnaround; they collect films submitted by their customers and process a batch of a given type of film once they have enough to make it practical to do so. It could be weeks or months before that happens, depending on luck and how common your type of film is.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

<p>Of all of the vintage films that we get in to develop, the GAF film is one of the very worst in quality at this point. The chance of getting any kind of anything off of it is only about 30% and though on occasions we get them in in fair condition the trend is poor to very poor. We do not charge if the film is blank so I'm really am not very excited when we get these in. The very worst ones are cassettes (135 and 126) that have a good deal of purple on the label. Roll films are often better due to the nature of how the film is stored tightly on the roll vs loosely in a cassette. This protects it from oxidization.</p>

<p>Greg Miller<br>

www.filmrescue.com</p>