Sharpening photos.

you want your image to be oversharped?

use any filter that sharpen your image, push it until you find it is OK, than pushit even more until it look too sharp. repeat on all your image and enjoy. : )

If you want to know which filter work best, unsharp mask is close to be the winner, plus you could also get color noise as a bonus.

or

If you just want a good sharpness to your web image, you can use bicubic sharper when you reduce your file for the web and it should be OK, ad look good on screen.

Hi Dan, I am a bit confused about your question. You seem to be talking about two different things.

Some browsers open up photos quickly in a blurred type of way until they have downloaded enough info to display the photo clearly.

But I think you are asking how to sharpen a photo. If so, then there are several techniques. Mine is with photoshop, Filter>Sharpen>Unsharpen Mask. I leave "threshold" at zero, I set "radius" at 1 for photos under 2000 pixels wide, 2 for photos over 2000 pixels wide, and then i adjust the "amount" to taste, usually between 50 and 100% depending on the photo. I find that this sharpening method gives me the most control and a good preview so you can eyeball it.

Phil

Sorry Dan Mithcell, i dont find Marc image oversharp, i was refering to the OP when he ask *extreme sharpness*...i must have mixtup the word extreme and over : )

*some* of Marc image are limit to be over sharpened (is orange montain on his personal page for example), but that OK with me. When i think about oversharped i mean when you can see white fringing around the subject.

sorry if i offend you