removing weight with photoshop

This has been requested of me many times but its beyond my photoshop knowledge.

I have been playing with photoshop for many years but until recent history it

has not gone beyond playing. Is there any tutorial out there on how to do what

this video shows. I'm not sure its something I would want to do often but maybe

every now and then as I can see it would take amazing amounts of time.

I would also like to know if this request goes away when you do photos

professionally and how much more would be charged to do something like in the

video.

Thanks

Bill

You have a video that clearly shows how to do it. What more do you want? Just play around with the Liquify filter.

I'm sorry I can't answer the questions in the second paragraph, but my guess is that it depends on what kind of photographer you are. Big publications have retouchers dedicated to these tasks, leaving the photographers to do what they do best: take pictures.

Best of luck.

Scott Kelby has some books out with step by step instructions on how to do some "reductions" in PS Elements. It mostly involves selecting areas and moving them around. I have done it a little, without the subject even knowing it. People like to think of themselves as being more attractive than they really are!

dont want to blow your buble but it take major experience to do something like that, major time, lot of experience...that you dont seem to have. But it is done with the liquify filter, a tool i use everyday as a retoucher.

as for how much and why you should charge? let keeps thing simple; anything you do that exceed development of your raw (and even) should be charge. how much? call different pro place or pro lab that do retouching and ask how much it is by the hours, or by project...than ask yourself how long it will take you to do the same thing, and charge your client half of what you think..why? because they dont ahve to pay for your learning.

For example, if you think you could do a retouching job in let say, 20hre, since you dont have experience you should charge them only for 10, and since you will probably exceed you estimate beacsue you have no experience, to let say 30hrs, i will then suggest that you leave the job to pro retoucher for now, learn from it thru time, learn how to use the tools, learn how to estimate correctly and then realize taht you are a better photographer and that as a photographer continue to do wath you do best; take picture and let the post processing to other pro : )

Thank you very much Patrick. Maybe asking how much of a charge it would be was misunderstood as I planed on doing this and charging, after re-reading my post I can understand that it came off as that. I do understand that I in no time soon will be able to do the kind of work shown in the video. Nor did I want to mislead anyone that I was planing on charging a client for this anytime soon if ever. Your advice is right on the money and I do plan on sticking with being the photographer, But I still plan on tinkering with everything I can in any downtime.