Engagement photo to sign at wedding

jc5066

Usually you can call them a "signature photo" I usually see them at a 16x20 size, with the photo sized around 8x10 in the mat. As for archival pens, go to any art store to find a wide selection, and I would have at least 2 available for multiple people to sign.

I use a Sharpie to have everyone use, ultra fine black. I still use a square mat 11"x11"

opening, framed, from the days I used medium format film. I have to be conscious of this

size when taking the engagement images. Clients like this as it seems to be less common

now. I have a peuter gray frame made by frame fit and they do the mat, foam core back,

plexi glass, hardware.

Now I offer this as an add on. But I will give in if it helps get the gig. I really like these

sessions as I use them as an icebraker between the B&G and myself with the cameras.

Hope this helps you!

I use a 16x20" white mat with an 8x10" opening. Some brides with large crowds will go to a 20x24", but the other size accomodates most weddings. I agree with Bill on the ultra-fine Sharpie's...the only way to go, IMO. I've seen some folks using either silver or gold "gel" pens, from Michaels or other similar stores. To me, the silver looks like pencil (tending to be difficult to read), and the gold tends to be light and also hard to read...only my $.02. Also, work out with the client whom will be providing the easel or table to display the signature mat. I leave that up to them or the church/facility. Best of luck!

Another option that a couple of my clients have preferred is not to use an overmat, but rather to print the image with a wide white border for signing. In other words, the last one I did was a 16x20 image printed on 24x30 paper mounted to foam core. The signatures become a permanent part of the image which can be framed later to taste.

I woudn't use a sharpie. They are not archivable and will fade over time. (My high school diploma was signed by the principal with a sharpie and now 11 years later you can't read his name) Look for a nice archivable pen from Michael's or some other scrapbooking store. I use the ZIG pens that you can find at Michael's, Walmart and a few other places. You need something that is pigment ink, acid free - archivable, lightfast, waterproof, fade proof and non bleeding. You can also buy a large mat at any craft store and have them cut an opening the size you want for your picture.