Perfect Portable?

craig_schroeder

Long ago, I faced the reality that I was missing a lot of great pictures by not bothering to drag my various "systems" with me on every jaunt. I had a Konica S3 that started traveling everywhere in my pocket. I trusted the nice 1.8 optic, I loved the GN flash and fill flash cross meter and the accurate split image focusing. When I became smitten with the medium format negatives I was getting from my 6X7, I purchased one of the first Fuji GS645 folders (after a brief stint with a few models of Rollei TLR's). I still use the Fuji and only ocassionally the one remaining Rollei (which is surprisingly light/compact and easy to have with, too).

<p>

When fumbling with the Fuji focusing and calculating fill flash ratios, I find myself fantasizing about a 645 portable, modern camera with GN capability and perhaps an emulated metering system like my old Konica. I've had no problems with my Fuji, although I've seen the recent discussions of bellows trouble and such in here. It does have a certain fragile feel about it and I've been very careful with mine over the years. Perhaps I'm just another photo buff that wants this feature from this camera and that one from that one, but a truly portable, casual medium format does not seem to be in current production. Any ideas?

• 5 months later...