Kancamangus, etc this weekend?

ekovisions

I live in Boston and would like to take advantage of the long weekend to do some

fall photography--particularly involving foliage colors and moving water. (I

tend to do more details than vistas). Was thinking of heading to Kancamangus.

Any more specific suggestions along that route, or thoughts on other locales

that would be good/better, giving my timing? Also, I'll have my dog with me, so

if there are any hotel or place recommendations where I can keep him that would

be useful too.

Thanks!

Kelly

Rt. 302 too.

But if you haven't got a place to stay by now you're probably out of luck. It's peak. if you go

up tomorrow morning you might be able to find a campsite, especially if you get there by

noon or 1pm.

So much depends on the colors but Barlett has some great spots along the Saco river. If you google Bartlett and switch to the satellite version you can see where 302 crosses the river, also where the railroad bridges cross the river. One many possiblities, now I am tempted myself to head north. Fall foliage fever, kind of feel sorry for friend in Arizona who won't get to see the beautiful colors this year.

Kelly, Up in Crawford Notch and Twin Mountain on Rte 302 this morning. The tops of the notches are almost peak (Crawford, Pinkham and Franconia Notch are all nice spots for photography). I haven't been up on the Kanc this week, but it usually runs pretty close to the top of the notches. Everywhere, it's about a week late. The valley here (Bartlett) is probably still a week away as colors are just barely starting. And yes, if you don't have a reservation at this point, you likely will not find a a room. I see people every year that sleep in their cars or drive back home at midnight after looking at a 100 No Vacancy signs. Next weekend in the valleys will be much better, yet the high elevation color may be gone by.

Dana/<a href="http://www.whitemountainphoto.com">www.whitemountainphoto.com</a>