30D rebate, in May. No answer, I follow up last week they say no record of

receiving it

so now I have to go to future shop to get a letter stating the 30D not

returned or send them a UPC code and same doc again. Now on the box there is a

sticker above the Ori- UPC code was.

Does that count as UPC code

How did any one out there handled it

Tks

Your question is in the wrong forum--should be the Canon forum. Anyway, you should have kept a copy of what you sent in, but since you didn't, you will have to provide whatever the rebate management firm tells you they will accept. I doubt that sending in something other than the actual UPC code is going to cut it.

I must say I never had a problem with Canon rebates. I always pre-qualify online and they (they means whoever handles the rebate) have been excellent in sending emails keeping me informed as to the status up to and including when the check(s) is(are) mailed.

I do hope you have kept copies of everything though. If something was lost or there is a disagreement it works in your (our) favor to have copies of everything that was sent. I even make copies of the addressed enveloped...with the stamp on it! Leave nothing to chance...

I hope you get it resolved! Good Luck!

I have only applied for a rebate once, but my experience was the opposite of Giampi's. I too registered online first, but heard nothing for several weeks. After attempting to chase by phone many times and getting nowhere, I registered a complaint. This made no difference at all, three times someone promised to call me back but each time nothing happened. Only after writing a letter to the MD of Canon UK did I receive the rebate - five months after I applied for it.

Many of us have had big problems with these rebates, myself included. Of course those who have not had problems are fans. I found the rebate oursource company to be quite useless. Call Canon USA direclty. They are somewhere in Long Island NY area. Ask to speak to the President's secretary/Admin. This took me a total of 5 minutes to get her on the phone, explain the problem and get a resolution plan in place. She had some big shot from Canon call a manger at the rebate company and expedite my claim. Got it in 2 days. I had been waiting for months prior to making that call and always gotten a different story. Go right to the top.

My experience is just like Bob's. The vendor claimed I hadn't sent in the UPC codes from the

boxes. I called Canon USA directly, and a very helpful person called me right back and solved

the problem in one day. Once the rebate company says no, if you know you're right, go

directly and right away to Canon. Shouldn't have to be that way, but it works.