PNY optima pro UDMA 266x

shawn_johnson2

I am looking for a faster CF card for my Canon Digital Rebel XT. I currently am

using an Ultra II by sandisk. The PNY optima pro states it is a 40 MB/sec card

at 266x speed. The Ultra II is only like 10 MB/sec. Does anyone know if the PNY

card mentioned will work with a canon rebel xt? Does the XT support UDMA? Is PNY

a good/reliable CF card? I have never used their products before.

Thanks

The XT does not support UDMA.

Why do you need a faster card? Unless you are filling the buffer it won't make the camera operate any faster. The fastest an XT can write is just over 6MB/sec.

Going from a 10 MB/s to a 40 MB/s card might mean the buffer clears 10% faster, a difference most users would probably not really notice.

I have two ScanD ultra II and two extreme III disks. I do notice a little speed difference in the amount of time it takes to clear the buffer but not enough to worry about. It's the buffer on your camera that's most likely your problem not the CF card.

Bob

What you said is true, but it takes a lot less time to download to the computer if the card is fast!

-- V

Bob Atkins , Oct 03, 2007; 06:45 p.m.

The XT does not support UDMA.

Why do you need a faster card? Unless you are filling the buffer it won't make the camera operate any faster. The fastest an XT can write is just over 6MB/sec.

Going from a 10 MB/s to a 40 MB/s card might mean the buffer clears 10% faster, a difference most users would probably not really notice.

• 1 year later...
Just want to clarify/verify that you can use a PNY 4GB Optima Pro UDMA 266X CompactFlash in a Digital Rebel XT (350D). It's working great for me. It will not make your camera operate any faster BUT if you have a USB 2.0 card reader\or built in card reader, your downloads to your pc will be way faster.