Pentax 645n internal battery replacement, DIY?

keirst

Hi all, does anyone know if the little battery that keeps the ROM of the P645n can be replaced easily by a

user? I bought a used P645n (not a P645nII) body and have no idea how old it is, so I'd like to replace the

little battery if it is not too hard to do. The camera is so nice I'd rather not have to send it off in the mail. What model battery does the camera use?

Hi Steven ...

I've had my 645N since 1999 and haven't changed the internal battery yet. I sent a message to Pentax last week. My message has been acknowledged. I'm now waiting to see what battery I need and where to buy it. I'm told that it should be chnaged every 5 years.

Also, don't take this battery out unless you have charged batteries in the grip. Failure to do this means that ALL the ROM info is lost and the camera has to go back to Pentax !!!! This is what I've read off various forums.

I'll let you know as soon as I get info on this.

Ray

Hi Steven ...

Here's the message I got from Pentax. Not sure what to make of it since they'e telling me it doesn't exist on the 645N, only the 645.

Raymond,

645N not require internal battery. Only 645 are needed.

Sincerely,

Kelvin Cheung

National Parts Control

PENTAX Canada Inc.

1770 Argentia Road.

Mississauga, ON L5N 3S7

( Phone : (905) 286-5590 Ext. 315

* Email: parts@pentax.ca

Fax:905-286-5591

Office Hours:Mon-Fri 8:00AM-4:30PM

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 9:10 AM

To: Cheung Kelvin

Subject: FW: Pentax 645N - Internal Battery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 3:33 PM

To: Customer Service

Subject: Pentax 645N - Internal Battery

I have a 645N camera That I purchased in 1999. I'm told that the internal battery must be changed every 5 years. I'm quite obviously overdue for a replacement although the camera is functioning very well. I would like to know the model of battery that I need.

Thank you,

Raymond Valois

valoisr@videotron.ca

http://raymondvaloisphotograph.com

Vincent, you may be losing your hearing in that range. Speaking of ranges, my brother couldn't hear the electronic timer or done signal in the stovetop or microwave ovens in our home at a fairly early age. I've got a P645Nll and unlike the original P645 it has no battery cover for the small memory cell.

Health, Peace, Out

Joanne<div>00OHVf-41488184.jpg.c7f038672289af4e2052c3eacf79352c.jpg</div>