What are your picks for the most beautiful SLRs?

JDMvW

I'm pretty sure I posted here at some point but some pages come out blank.

My first choice is, as always, the original Nikon F. No pix handy, but one of mine is a somewhat brassed old black body, plain prism F, and I don't think it gets much better.

But I would also add that in the 1980's several manufacturers came out with relatively compact, black, highly capable cameras that I think sort of represented the pinnacle of clean, "I want to hold it in my hands," kind of design, and it's hard to choose between them except for function. Think of the Nikon F3, the Minolta X700, and the Canon A-1.

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a vote for the Pentax LX. A perfect combination of beauty, simplicity, and excellence. I carried this camera through most of my transformative years from being a piss-poor picture taker to the mediocre photographer I am today.

[ATTACH=full]1433848[/ATTACH]

Your LX looks a lot better than my two remaining (out of four) LX bodies! Mine were used professionally for 10 years or so and look like it.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I posted here at some point but some pages come out blank.

My first choice is, as always, the original Nikon F. No pix handy, but one of mine is a somewhat brassed old black body, plain prism F, and I don't think it gets much better.

But I would also add that in the 1980's several manufacturers came out with relatively compact, black, highly capable cameras that I think sort of represented the pinnacle of clean, "I want to hold it in my hands," kind of design, and it's hard to choose between them except for function. Think of the Nikon F3, the Minolta X700, and the Canon A-1.

I find old Brassy Nikon F, and F2 cameras, with a ding or three the most beautiful. These cameras say to me, "Run film through me, I won't let you down". Take reasonable care of me, when I need it. I have character. I worked to take pictures, I have battle scars like you do. I will love you back and serve you the best way I know how. I'm tough, I am authentic, I lived through battle. I am here for you, I have your back. Please have mine back in return.

• Like 2

I find old Brassy Nikon F, and F2 cameras, with a ding or three the most beautiful. These cameras say to me, "Run film through me, I won't let you down". Take reasonable care of me, when I need it. I have character. I worked to take pictures, I have battle scars like you do. I will love you back and serve you the best way I know how. I'm tough, I am authentic, I lived through battle. I am here for you, I have your back. Please have mine back in return.

Feel exactly the same about my Canon F1 New,.RB67 and C33's

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...