thomas_fiege

hi guys

my dealer near by have this two lens right now and I was wandering if there is

a big difference between those. I want to have a small wightlight lens in that

range because I dont like to take my 70-210/2.8 on trips... Is the AF-D much

better with a flash?

I will use it with a D80+sb600 and f90+sb26

thanks for help

Thomas, I agree with Adam on the Nikon lenses except that the 70-300VR is heavier than the G version. I have no problems holding it and carrying it around my neck, but you might want to try it out first. I have had very good luck with this zoom lens and love the VR. You will not be disappointed with the quality of the pictures you will get from this zoom.

I own a Sigma 75-300 f4.5-5.6 APO AF. It's kind of old now, but it was/is awesomely sharp and the tests and reviews of the time verified this. When used with digital SLR's the color saturation is a little weak, but this can be corrected in post-processing. Of course, the exact lens you are considering may not be the one to which I refer, as Sigma changed these models constantly. I can't say I use this lens much anymore, but I have a lot of great photos produced by this lens.

• 1 month later...

hi Sigma Vs Sigma, as there are no pic's, go for the one with the GOLD stripe at the end of the lens. If you have a RED stripe its not as good. EX rated glass Is superior the DG prefix is for BOTH digi & film. the DC is Digi only.

I have used a 70-300 APO with a red band & sadly i felt that it had wasted my money ( when i compared images taken with a 18/50 EX DC &

105 EX DG ) On a D200, D70 & D50

hope that helps