Tenax II

torben_s.

Hi everybody,

I just won and auction on a used, working and good looking Tenax II with the

Sonnar 2.0/40 ! It even has the original ever ready leatherbag!

I wanted one since a couple of years and now I got it from ebay for 160 Euros,

which is a pretty good deal as far as I know! Can?t wait to run a few rolls

through it!

Thanks, I will try to post a few pictures just so as soon as I have some back.

Do you know anybody that could repair it in case it breaks? I have had the experience that very old cameras that haven?t been used for a long time tend to break quite quickly when used again after 50 years.

I read a few posts by Mike Elek and a great review on his site in which he mentions he had to overhaul his Tenax II completely.

So Mike if you are out there, do you have an idea where I could send it to? Maybe Zeiss Ikon can still repair it? Or maybe you could?

Anyways as it?s good looking and the seller explicitly mentioned that it works well I hope it?s going to be all fine.

Thanks alot,

Here in the U.S., I know Ken Ruth of Photography on Bald Mountain (http://www.baldmtn.com) can fix your Tenax II, although I'm not sure it's really that difficult of a camera to work on since it shares design elements w/some other Zeiss Ikon cameras, as well as other makes (e.g., Compur shutter). However, I'm no repairman; perhaps Mike can weigh in.

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope that the photo lab can print the photos! I shot a roll with my Tenax II recently and

brought it to my local 'pro' photo lab. They could process the negs but their whiz-bang

computerized printer didn't recognize the format, so they couldn't print it. Reminds me of

when I shot with my Robot Star camera -- fantastic camera, but it cost about $ 50.00 to get

one roll of film processed and printed (they were basically 'custom' 5"x5" prints and charged

as such).

For repairs, Frank Marshman at Camera Wiz is your guy (540) 434-8133.

Also thanks for the repairs hint, I luckily found somebody in europe, Claudio Fabio from

Swiss, we already talked on the phone and he makes a very good impression... he instantly

knew what camera I was talking about and is very very friendly. I can?t wait to have the

camera back.

Also mine had a problem with the exposure lapping onto the sprocket holes, I have seen

that phenomenon sometimes in other peoples' Tenax shots. Doesn anybody have an idea

if it?s the wrong spool in the camera or which one I need for "centered" exposures?

Thank you,

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...