Learning the Polaroid Transfer Process

Hello,

I saw some Polaroid Transfers today display in a museum located in Kanab,

Utah. I was struck by how those tiny images combined the realism of

photography with the abstraction of a watercolor. Pleasant and satisfying.

I am not real good at reading about and then applying a techique that is new

to me. Can anyone refer me to a hands-on symposium, class, or workshop that

helps one learn how to do Polaroid Transfers?

Thanks...

If I can remember right, it is a very simple process, we did it in an alternative processes course in the Photo Program I was in.

After shooting the shot and peeling the back off, have a warm tray of water ready, take the exposed picture and place it in the tray, after about 5 min to 10 min you will see the emulsion lift off with the picture on it, like a thin piece of plastic film, it is VERY delicate, we would have what we wanted to put it on ready and just lift it out gently from the tray and place it on the object you want to transfer it to. Then take a roller and roll over it to get out any air bubbles and to get excess water off and let dry. Thats about it. I think that is the process in full, like I said it was back in school and it was the only time we did it, was kinda expensive for 28 students to all do many times so we only spent an hour or so pracicing. People put the transfers on all kinda of objects, glass panes, cans, wood, you name it they put it on it, but remember when the plastic floats off it is very delicate and has to be handled very gently when putting it on the paper or transfer object.

Very easy and qucik process if I remember right. Cheap to, just need a tray of warm water.:)

Luke