Question on Graflex Graphic 35 Electric/ILoca Electric

yefei_he1

Hi, Folks,

Can somebody help me out on the Graphic 35 Electric/ILoca Electric camera?

I can't find a manual anywhere on the web. There is an excellent about it on

www.ukcamera.com, but I can't locate the email address of the author, Paul

Winter. Anyway, the pressing issue is not that it's non working (like all

others), rather that at least I'd like to open the back. I just can't figure

out a way to do that. Fiddled with the rewind lever and didn't seem to help.

And apparently there are not other knobs or switches that may be the trigger.

Thanks,

Yefei

Thanks, Tim. No, those are different cameras. I do have a few other Ilocas, and their ways of opening the back do vary and are very unconventional. But I always figured out without the help of a manual. However, this Electric is so unconventional that I will need some help. By the way, there is one manual for sale on eBay. I just don't feel it's worthwhile to shell out $40 for one!

Yefei

All right, thanks for the heads up. That sounds like an interesting board and I should visit there sometimes. On another note, on a second try I figured out how to open the back, yes! It was in the same tradition as the Iloca made Argus V100. Keeping the tab that pops the rewind lever pressed, I was able to further pull out the rewind lever, which at the same time popped open the back. On the V100 once the rewind nob is fully pulled out, one needs to go one step further and twist the rewind nob to pop open the back. And, as all the Ilocas I have seen, the back comes off completely after that.

Yefei

Yefei

If you think the Iloca/Graphic Electric is a challenge, you should try the Iloca Automatic!

1. Little lever on the base of the camera - push to the left (hold it in this position if necessary)

2. Pull out Rewind lever as far as it will come

3. Push in Rewind lever about an 1/8 of an inch - not too far or it locks in again! (this releases a small sprung plate that locks the back in place)

4. The back should then come off if you pull it from the right hand side. It may just come off easily, however if it has not been opened in years, just keep on pulling while you hold the rewind knob in just slightly.

The back is marked with a small red dot. Make sure you place the red dot on the left hand side of the camera when you replace the back or your next voyage of discovery will involve you working out how to force the back off without damaging yourself or the camera. It took me about a fair few days of "fiddling" to resolve this one.

Hope that helps

Paul

N.B. Right & Left with the back of the camera towards you.

My email address is paul dot winter at lycos dot com

• 2 years later...
<p>Hi Guys,<br />An Internet buddy of mine has a problem with repairing his Electric. He is looking for<br />information about the position of a gearwheel at fully closed and fully open diaphragma.<br />Just wondered if you could help him out ?<br /><br />The link to his question is here :<a href=" Raederwerk (Gears) bei F22 /><br />Thanks in advance,<br /><br />Hans<br /></p>