Why can't/won't canon create a normal lens for the 1.6 folks?

stillbound

As to the Zoo trip. My comment was intended for subject isolation. I still believe moving in close distorts things. That being said, it pains me to do this, but out of respect for the knowledge and opinions of the people on this board, I got up this morning and did some more testing with my 40D(Instead of XTi) and my 50 1.8.

UGH, I WAS WRONG. BAD WRONG! I'm sorry.

Kieth, Mark, Colin...You guys were right. Its razor sharp at 1.8. Maybe my XTi had a hard time nailing focus with center point at 1.8 and the 40D doesnt. Center point is a cross type designed for 2.8 or faster. I still like a zoom for more versitility, but now will not hesitate to use this lens when needing a 1.8.

However, if I haven't made any enemies here, the DOF is so shallow that with the subjects head turned 45 deg from the lens, if you focus the eye the cheek is out of focus(the eye closest to you and the cheek). Is this helped by moving further away and then croped in later. I need more than this in sharp focus.

Well, I guess now I'm gonna go and prance around clicking pictures with my 50 1.8. I felt I owed that to some here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic